Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Home!

I had a wonderful time visiting home for two weeks. I had stayed abroad for one whole year before returning to the great state of Ohio. While there is nothing that would attract people normally to buy an expensive plane ticket to a place that could only brag of having lots of corn and cows, I need to see my friends and family. I needed some time to replenish my soul with stimulating conversation and taking naps on comfortable sofas! I love living abroad but I am glad there is always a place I can call home. Thanks family! Enjoy the pictures.


This is my newly arrived nephew Tyler Alexander!! Good job Kenny and Laura!


This is my famed roommate from college Suzanne in the Yukata I bought her!

This is some of the ladies in my family. From left to right, my sister-in-law Laura, my cousin Sarah, me!, my sister Colletta, and my cousin Heidi.
I

4 comments:

Carole said...

Isn't returning home great!
Cute baby!!!

But I don't know about those stimulating conversations...are you saying you don't have any in Shimane?
:)
We'll have to try harder!
Going back next week!
see you soon!
C.

Lena said...

How did u tie the yukatas!
SO found your blog, will have to check it out a lot now, Glad u had a great trip. I am excited about going home for xmas! Got my ticket already!! see u soon lena

Leslie said...

Hey Carole and Lena,

Good to hear from you both!! Thanks for the comments on the blog, always love seeing them.

Lena, haven't seen you in ages!! When is the next time you are going to be around? Let me know so we can hang out!

K said...

Welcome home! I can say that, right? Even though it's not my home anymore?

Good to hear you had a nice trip, you look good in yukata!

Keep on blogging sister!! Gotta keep me up to date on all the Shimane gossip! Miss you loads!