Sunday, December 03, 2006

Funniest Exam Ever!

This week the end of the semester exams are taking place. So, like usual, I was put in charge of making the 3rd grade listening test. This semesters topics are weather, expressing opinion, and halloween. (By the way, not a single student got the date of Halloween correct. Either that means I am a bad teacher or my students are retarded, I am betting on the later.) Also, the third grade, since it is an elective class, can do special projects, like make an English movie. So we did. We have two groups in our class and two very interesting movies that are still going through the editing process. The theme of movie making was also included on their exam. The students were required to write about their role in the movie, what they thought of editing, and their overall thoughts on making the movie. One of my students wrote for his thoughts on the movie,

"I was excited to make movie. I'm a hot dog."

I found this incredibly hilarious for a few reasons, first there is no hot dog in any of the films we made and second, his English is excellent. My third grade elective class does not have the best English ability in the school as one would have thought. They were made to take an elective class and they hate all the other options more than English. It makes for an very enthusiatic class some days!&#*^@! So I have no idea why my student wrote this but he got full points for his response! Awww the power of being a teacher!

3 comments:

Comrade Hopkins said...

Hmmmm, A person sized hot dog, sounds delicious!

Leslie said...

Todd! There was no human sized hot dog in a Daito High School uniform taking my exam. Perhaps the student was just using early 20th century slang for "I'm cool"!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe he was trying to make you laugh so you would give him full marks ;)

How did you find the JLPT? I thought it was hard. Don't think I passed....no enough studying.
C-dog