Sunday, April 08, 2007

Success!

It was at this same time last year that I realized my body had changed! I crawled out from underneath my winter kotatsu hibernation like a grizzly bear in search of food and warm weather. I traded my sweaters in for t-shirts and realized that I had turned beastly. I must have gained twenty pounds (at least that is what it felt like!). Turns out that what Kate said about chocolate being able to keep you warm was wrong (though, tasty!).

So this year I made an effort to keep myself thin during the bleak and despicable winter months in Japan. Thanks to Sara and other inspirational people I managed to visit the gym more often than I visited the snack isle in Green City. And it was a success. I managed to keep a steady weight, and even lose some, during these last few months. I am very proud of myself. In my family our favorite past time is eating, especially my father, with whom I seemed to have inherited most of my traits. I just have a problem saying no. Who can say no to a delicious cookie or twenty! Also, I had Todd around this year with such inspirational sayings as, "No, those pants don't make you look fat. It is the fat that makes you look fat." Thanks babe!

Anyway, if you don't believe me (Fiona!). Here are some pictures. And I always thought Japan would keep me skinny. All the food here is healthy and amazing right?!?!

Spring 2006

Spring 2007

4 comments:

Unknown said...

*looks at both pictures* It wasn't THAT bad last year! ;-) But I know what you mean, I did pretty well with holding back on baaaad food earlier this year. Until I had to study for my exam and ate chocolate like crazy. Now I need to get back on track.
The trees look lovely. Are that cherry trees?

Leslie said...

Hey Sandra! True, it wasn't that bad in the pictures, but in real life I was a huge.

And yes, those are cherry blossom trees in the back ground. Japan loves cherry blossom trees!

Lisa's Friend said...

Congratulations for diet.
Yes. Eating is a good pasttime.
And Japanese food is healthy wnough.

Are you selling stuff to leave for your country ?

Lisa's Friend said...

P.S.
Your picture under cherry is so beautiful.