Thursday, July 12, 2007

Saying Good Bye

As most of you know, I will soon be leaving Japan. I have truely loved living in Japan. It has been quite an adventure. I have learned a lot about myself and about other people. The people who survived Shimane with me will always be close to my heart. The way I feel about Shimane is difficult to express. Most of the time I have liked our rural prefecture and the abundance of old people and rice fields. But there are some days I just wanted to jump up and down and scream my lungs out. Shimane is like a bad child (or Kitty if you will), most of the time it is sooo cute and other times it destroys your house! That is a deep, deep metaphor! :)

So, I thought there was no better way to commerate my tenure in Japan than posting pictures of Todd, Kitty, and I repapering the screens at my house. It was a stress reliever for both Todd and Kitty. If you have never just put your fist through a square of paper that you have tirelessly tired to keep whole, then you have not lived!










3 comments:

Lisa's Friend said...

Good Luck
I'm happy you liked Shimane so much. You are leaving soon. I wish I could have seen you.
I believe new life in Moscow must be exciting.
Are you taking your cat along back to Ohio ? If so, you must finish quarantine routine before checking in at the airport. You need more time than usual passengers.
Lisa is backing on track with her cat after 8-month's time in Beijing.

Unknown said...

Do you get to take apart your house before you leave? *laughs* When will you leave for Moscow?

Anonymous said...

Meow! I'm roving ry rime rat ry rew rome. I rill rirds, rice, rand rolls. I ralso ret roo restroy ranother rerson's rouse! Ry rope ro ree roo roon!

Rove,

Ritty