Monday, September 08, 2008

New York City - Part 3 of Holiday Home

The last part of my trip was to New York City. I have a couple of friends who live here and a few friends that just happened to be in town while I was here. This was more about seeing good friends than about seeing NYC but I still got to do tons of cool stuff.

We took the ferry to the Statue of Liberty.

My friend from University, Liz, moved to NYC two years ago. I flew from Ohio to NYC with her and she kindly let me stay at her place. I also have a friend that I met in Japan, Sara, and she put me up for a few days as well. Not to mention, Kate from the UK, flew in just to see Sara and I for the weekend. Jen and John happened to be in NYC for a friend's wedding and Janelle and Hugh were doing some sightseeing before embarking on a tour of Asia. And Emily ventured far from Poukeepsie (sp?) for the day to see us. It was a great time and can only be expressed in pictures.

A view of Manhatten from the boat.
Janelle giving those classic Japanese peace signs. A habit hard to shake.
Liz, Sara, Janelle, and Hugh.
Ellis Island.
Times Square. Commercial but nothing compared to Tokyo.The American Natural History Museum, aka, one of the greatest places in the world!
We saw a special exhibition on snakes and lizards and I think due to my glasses making me look smarter, one of the volunteers explaining stuff stuck to us like glue! (but so totally worth it!)
The shell of this turtle is huge. I wish they were still this size!
Sara, Kate, and I stood in line for the Colbert Report and got in!! We saw the legend in person! Fantastic.

Emily, Kate, and I took a stroll through Central Park. Because Kate is British, she was loving the sunshine, so we chilled in the park for some of the afternoon. Good times.

A lovely view of Central Park.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Because Kate is British she was loving the sunshine" Ha ha! I see you haven't lost your sense of humour Miss Leslie.... Great pictures, looks like a great time. Your glasses are very cute and your nephew adorable. You look really well!!