Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The Wild World of Weddings

There is nothing I like more than a party, especially parties that take years of planning and come with elaborate dinners and decorations. This has been a good summer for me. I've been a guest at 4 weddings.

I figured I would show my appreciation for all the food and fun by writing a blog about the weddings. But honestly, my descriptions and "awesome" comments don't really do justice to all the planning and thought that went into them. So I am going to give them a Leslie Award and let the pictures speak for themselves. :)

My cousin Sarah heads the list of weddings. She got married June 19th to Daniel Pritchard in Columbus, Ohio.





They get the special "you-got-all-the-Harker-siblings-in-one-room" award. Yay!



The next wedding was for Emily Watkins and Shaun Kirkpatrick. They got married in Philadelphia on July 24th. They get the special "did-it-in-less-time-than-anyone-else-who-didn't-elope" award.



It was a lot of fun because I got to reconnect with friends I hadn't seen in years. Not to mention the food was fantastic!



Ever been to Hershey, Pennsylvania? Neither had I till I went to Shawn Truppo and Hilary Rice's wedding on July 31.



They get the special "so-many-donuts-I-hurt-myself " award.



The last wedding of the summer was Janelle Jimenez and Hugh Prysten on August 20 on a rooftop in Tribeca.



It was by far one of the most enjoyable times I've had in New York. They get the "oh-shit!-there-is-caviar" award.

3 comments:

Emily K said...

:O I didn't see the caviar!

I'm so glad you guys had a good time at our wedding. We could have planned it for 2011, but then I would have felt like it needed to be the kind of wedding that takes a year to plan... and I wasn't up for that. :P

Leslie said...

I am totally down with the less planning less stress model of weddings. I hope I can keep that in mind for the future. :)

Janelle said...

I just found this while googling "Janelle Prysten!" Glad you enjoyed the wedding haha ;D