Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hamada: Far Far Away Jewel of Shimane

At the beginning of the new year the city of Hamada likes to hold a Junior High School English Camp for their students. This is one of the most well organized English events I have been to and after going last year I signed up to go again this year. It is a full day on Saturday (8:30 till 3) but completely worth it. I usually spend all my time with high school students so it was fun to hang out with younger kids. Though, I don't want to give you the impression that I like kids at all, but it is fun making them try to understand the noise that you are shouting at them!

Then after the English camp, my partner in crime Sara and I stayed to party it up with Hamada JETs. We were pleasently surprised. First, Hamada has some good bars, unlike the filth that is Hydro! And, they have good people living there that we would have liked to get to know better but they live far far far far far away! Zanen! But it was great to mingle, drink, and sing karaoke with them. Special thanks to Donna for letting us crowd her cute apartment and stay the night!! :) Here are some photos as proof that we did visit that mysterious and hidden city of Hamada.


Say "P'nawn da" to Gemma and "Howdy" to Ken (known as Shimane - Ken, get it?). Two Hamadians!


















Just a plutonic kiss between mutually respected peers. Stop thinking those dirty thoughts!













Lena and I taking a moment to reflect on what just happened!













Say "Guten Tag" to Karin! She is one of our German speaking JETs!

1 comment:

Lena said...

cute pics that was a great night! ull have to come down again. that bar was great! dont know if I can go there again after the whole showing my tits to the bar man to get free drinks, worked though!! twice!