Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Quick pillow

Back home for a two-week break, I knew I wouldn't do much crafting. My schedule would be full of catching up with people, drinking my favorite beverages, and snuggling my puppy and boyfriend. However, I could not control my crafting itch; I'm an addict.

I found a pile of clothes on the floor next to the hamper, mostly men's dress clothes. Before I went postal about clothes being on the floor, I found out that these were old clothes and should probably be thrown out. Seeing how I had a set of sheets that had just ripped, a pillow that wasn't being used, and some old shirts, I did some awesome upcycling.

I pulled out the stuffing from the old pillow. Then cut a rectangle out of the sheet, stuffed it, then sewed it closed. Finally I cut the collar, sleeves, and rounded bottom off the shirt, and sewed it shut. I kept the buttons on it and used that as a ways to take the, now pillow case, off. It worked really well. I measured and ironed nothing. Lovely. Remember kids, measure never. :)

However, I have a few more shirts to do this to and intend to make the pillow case fit more precisely. It was fun just to do something uncomplicated and see it finished. I plan on putting them in my future craft room :)

 

No comments: