Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My first skirt


Look what I did!!! I sewed a skirt!! I am incredibly happy. I have been threatening to do this since I bought a book on sewing way back in May of last year (almost one whole year of prep :) ). This was all inspired by Donna! I was so impressed with her creative and capable genius at making her own clothes and making fun costumes, that I wanted to do it too. Thank you for inspiring me Donna!! And also thank you for your advice and help with that damn bobbin! (I just turned some nobs and it began to work again, who knows what I did.) I can't wait to make more! Who knows what awaits me on the horizon!! (short pants actually, I want to make those or capris!). Also, I want to thank my job. Thank you JET program for giving me nothing to do all spring break which allows me to sew while still be paid for it. Lovely!

The picture was taken at work, right after I made it, so forgive me for not actually looking smart in the skirt yet. I am sure I will find a top that goes just right with it. And the reason I sew it at school is because they let me use their machines. I am too cheap to buy one of my own but I might get one at the next place I live. It is so much fun!

No comments: