Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Birthday Boy!

A Birthday Poem for Todd becasue today is his birthday!

There once was a boy named Todd
He was thought to be quite odd.

His 23rd birthday is today.
So I would like to read him this little essay.

This birthday is like no other.
For he is not in the land of his mother.

Cast upon the shores of Japan.
He feels like an unholy man.

The language is perplexing.
And the food is more than vexing.

For a steak his heart does ache.
But his search shall receive no break.

Japan it seems blows,
But, how was I to know.

In the winter his toes were frost bitten.
And in the summer his body was bug ridden

He now lives with a cat named kitty,
Who he gave the great nickname 'shitty'.

Also he lives with a goofy girl.
Who sometimes makes his anger unfurl.

For that she does apologize
But never is she wrong, you realize!
And this girl may be quite odd.
For her love of the boy named Todd.

But her love for his is second to none.
Even next to a cookie all cooked and done.

She wants no other boy you see.
For any other boy would make her want to flee.

Happy Birthday Todd!!!

I love you like no other.
More than you mother
And at least twice as much as your brother.

I hope you enjoy your time in Japan.
And it ends better than it began!

2 comments:

Comrade Hopkins said...

Thank You Leslie! I'm sure that it will be a good day. Also, you are such a wordsmith! With brilliant poetry like that, how could I possibly want someone else! I love you Leslie! Thank you for everything!

BIRTHDAY!

-Todd

Anonymous said...

Thanks Leslie for loving my boy!