Friday, June 29, 2007

Daito High Farewell Party

On Friday the teachers at my high school held my going away party. It was a really good time. They reserved a restaurant in Daito and about 12 teachers came. We started out the evening with a very lovely speech by Kawamoto Sensei and then Kanpai-ed. All of the English teachers came to the party as well as the Principal and vice principal, a science teacher, the school manager, and the art teacher. Since it was a small group of people the atmosphere was really good. While we were eating dinner Koto Sensei suspiciously took out a green bag and carried it to the front of the room. He provided the entertainment for the night. Apparently he knows how to do magic tricks. The first one he did was really hilarious because it was just goofy. He had a handkerchief with horizontal stripes and then turned them vertical! I thought it was the most hilarious thing I had ever seen! Then he did some real tricks. The vice-principal was so curious that he took a seat at the front of the room, right next to Koto Sensei, and inspected what he was doing. Too bad he never really figured it out. But it was really funny. He pulled Koto Sensei by the leg to get him to come closer. Fantastic.

This is a picture of all the lovely ladies at my party. It is (left to right) Abe Sensei (art teacher), Kaneda Sensei (English), Me, Kawamoto Sensei (English), and Fukui Sensei (English).
Kawamoto Sensei had arranged most of the party, of which I am very grateful.
The teachers also gave me lovely gifts. They gave me a think winter jacket because they want me to keep warm in the winter. They also gave me a big piece of cloth, usually used to wrap up your soap and towel when you go to the bath, with a picture of the school and the school song on it. It was really lovely. I don't have the heart to use it for my bath, so I will probably hang it up when I live in one place for a long time.

At the end of the evening we all Bonzai-ed. It was great fun. It really made me sad to leave. I had forgotten how much I had been taken care of by working at Daito high for two years. I had the best supervisor in probably all of Shimane and I really never had a big problems. All my teachers are lovely, my vice-principle is really nice, and Daito is a good town. I am sad to leave it! Don't worry Daito, I will never forget you! :)



5 comments:

Lisa's Friend said...

The school manager at Daito-high is my cousin. You know, he loves Harley Davidoson.
My wife and I are going to Ohio in August to see our friends Lisa Gay who worked at Izumo-shi until last summer. We can't wait to see her.

Leslie said...

I am glad you are going to Ohio! I will be back in Ohio just before you arrive. Please enjoy all that Ohio has to offer and say hello to Lisa. :)

Lisa's Friend said...

My wife and I are happy to know you are from Ohio. I’m working for Shimane University and I have stayed at Kent State University for a month on a university program in 1993.

Do you know Lisa ? I guess she might had joined your party as she likes merry party. hahaha……. We made friends with her while she was studying at Shimane University as an exchange student.

My cousin e-mailed me saying you are going to Moscow. I feel envious you being able to know another foreign nation.

Lisa came back from Beijing and is relaxing and studying at home, struggling with taming her naughty cat. Ahahaha…

Take care and enjoy your life.

Kisa

Anonymous said...

Moscow is waiting for you, Leslie :)

I read your last postings, you had a lot of fun. Only parties, when do you work? :)

Sergey.

Lisa's Friend said...

They say hard worker plays a lot.