Sunday, June 24, 2007

Non-stop parties!

Soon I will be leaving Japan and I can think of no better way to say good bye than having lots of parties with the great people in Shimane. So I started my weekend out right and had a going away party with my JTEs at Iinan High and the other ALTs down in that neck of the woods, Signe, Trevor, and Mike. We has a great meal in Iinan to my surprise. This food is unrivaled by anything Matsue has ever provided. It was great to see my teachers outside of work, not to mention hanging out with Signe, Trevor, and Mike. Since the demise of my car, I am no longer as free to just go hang out in Iinan, so it was really nice. I must also say a big Thank You to Mike who drove all the way to Kisuki to pick me up for the party. The transportation in Shimane is horrendous but nice people make up for it! :)
Then on Saturday Todd and I went to the beach. We had plans to stay in cabins that night at Taki so we figured we would go early and get some swimming in! We were super lucky because it was a beautiful day, the water was warm, and there were not a lot of people there. So we swam, at ice cream, got sunburned, you know, the usual stuff. It was also good quality time for Todd and I since this was the first Saturday he has had off since he started working at Nova. Then at about 5pm we met everyone at the cabins and helped unload the food for the cabins. We barbecued and spent most of the night talking and hanging out. Fiona had a great idea to bring boards for people to sign and put pictures on. So now we have a great souvenir from that weekend. Also, the cabins at Taki are beautiful! They are bit more expensive than others but that is the price you pay when you get to sleep in a real bed!! :0 Todd and ended our weekend by attending a BBQ for the local Japanese class. It was a good time to say goodbye to some people we wouldn't otherwise have arranged to say goodbye to. We ate some food and just chatted with people. It was too bad that at the same time we were having torrential downpour!! But it was good.

Now Todd and I are happy to be home but it was such a good weekend! Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You spent a great time! The views were wonderful.
Sergey.