Monday, June 04, 2007

80s party and the Toroko Train

I think this weekend is what all of June is going to be like, busy busy busy! It is true that every weekend in June I have something planned and even the weekdays are being filled up. So if you want to hang out with me before I leave, better get your diary out and find a date quick! (now I expect my blog to be flooded with eager people wanting me!)













So on Saturday JAGs hosted their, what seems to be annual, 80s party. They raised 50,000yen for their upcoming art exhibit. Yeah!!! It was also a good time. I didn't dress up this year but it was fun seeing everyone else make a fool out of themselves!! (wink, wink). Some of the costumes were really good. Like Will, I don't think you could have gotten any creepier than that, especially with that great mustache. Unnan's very own Himene won the 80s pop culture quiz and Sara represented Unnan by dominating in the 80s music quiz (which she paid for later because the prize for each question answered was a shot!!).













Then on Sunday, thanks to Jen's planning and expert ticket buying, we all rode the Toroko Train to Yokota. The Toroko Train is an open air train that takes you through the "full of nature" part of Shimane. It was fun. There were 8 foreign celebrities that went and none was more famous than Rob. As soon as we got on the train some old woman accosted him, offering beer, loud yelling, and peanuts! What would life be like without old Japanese people drinking at 10am! Then when we reached Yokota, Emily led us around her picturesque town. First, we hit the Poplar, then the river, and finally a shrine. It was really nice weather too, which added up to a fantastic Sunday.




1 comment:

Lisa's Friend said...

Are you going home in July ? Your blog reminds me of last summer when our friend, Lisa Gay, left Izumo. She also had a series of farewel events. I hope your experience will work wonders in your life. My wife and I are going to Ohio to see her in coming summer. Good luck.

Kisa, a university official

kisa@d4.dion.ne.jp