Sunday, June 17, 2007

Last Daito House Party

My house in Daito has been such an important part of my experience for the last two years. When I first arrived in Japan to see that I had a house, instead of an apartment, I took full advantage and hosted more than one party. At first the parties were random drunken messes but eventually they turned into knitting parties, birthday parties, movies nights, and pot luck dinners. I have had countless things broken and spilled on (not even to mention the damage kitty does on a daily basis) but I must say it has been quite worth it. It is difficult to find a place in Japan where you can take all your friends and let them be themselves!


So I couldn't leave Japan without having one more party. I invited the people who have made Shimane a place where I decided to stay for two years. I love living in Japan but if it weren't for my friends here I wouldn't have stayed so long. When you are sick, they come to the hospital in droves, freaking out the hospital staff. When your car breaks down, they are quick to drive to your rescue. When you are sad about livingn in a place that makes no sense, they let you cry on their shoulders. And when you have the most inappropriate comments to make, they all laugh. I never thought living in Japan would have me spending my time with so many foreigners (cause do I ever hate foreigners, with their devil speak) but it has made the experience for me! I love you all! :)













No comments: