Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Carnivorous Plant


So if you are a lucky gal then you remember that every Tuesday at the gas station down the street (where you consequently have a point card) they give you a free plant. I have been that lucky gal on several occassions. Who doesn't want a plant?They are nice loooking, help clean the air, and give you the feeling you are helping the environment (needless to say warm and fuzzy inside). But yesterday was different from all the other days. There happened to be only one plant sitting alone. I took notice and wondered why that plant was being rejected. It looked cool and healthy so I chose that one. I didn't realize what I had stumbled upon until I thought of the plant later that night. Turns out there were these pair of wings hanging out of its leaves. Odd. So onto the internet I flew. Lucky me, I picked a venus fly trap!!! Whoooo! This couldn't be cooler. Though, now I have feed it bugs if I keep it inside but that shouldn't be a problem if you happen to know the bug situation where I live. Now I can keep all those nasty bugs at bay! Coooooooool!!! Will wonders never cease.

2 comments:

Bro. Ken said...

Those plants are great. I had one of them when I was younger, hours of a amusment ;)

K said...

Your gas station in far more exciting than mine.

I want a free plant!