Sunday, June 25, 2006

Cat Smack


As many of you know I am delighted by the tons of Japanese-English that abounds in this country. Apparel company's here have decided that instead of employing competent English speakers to check the cool English words on their shirts that they would instead just type a long string of Japanese into an online converter and print away. I have many of these t-shirts that I wear with pride. But the limit is not clothing. I mean English is sooo cool why not put it on other stuff. So, as I was shopping for my ever hungry feline I came across an interesting bag of cat food. It says, "Cat Smack". I burst into giggles upon seeing it and consequently scared the clerk that was nearby, enforcing the stereotype that foreigners are strange and scary. This might explain why my cat is so crazy. If they are putting smack into all the cat food here it is no wonder I can't keep her from climbing my walls! So here is the picture of Japanese-English that warms my heart so. I hope you enjoy it. As an English teacher my job is never done. :-)

1 comment:

Emily K said...

Classic.