Sunday, June 18, 2006

Shimane Superstar Samurai


If you happen to be following international events then you know that all of the world is consumed by the World Cup soccer tournament that is now taking place. I have been following it and making my students research the different countries participating. I have learned alot. So this weekend the English teachers had a 'world cup' tournament of their own. One very ambitious English teacher (Thank you Cleve) organized the Chugoku Cup. On Saturday we all gathered to play soccer. Yours truely could not pass up this opportunity to get in some exercise and hang out with her friends. I played on the girls team. We had three games back to back for two ten minute halves. This is a good amount of time for hard working but terribly out of shape teachers. It was great fun but sadly we didn't win. We ended up taking third, with the winners being a team that ranged in age from elementary school to college. We shouldn't have showed those elementary school students any mercy but I had a hard time getting physical with someone who could run through my legs!! All in all, great game. I can't wait to do it next summer. And before I go........ GO TEAM USA! WE AREN'T OUT OF THE GAMES YET!

No comments: