Monday, June 26, 2006

Tubing!


As you probably know my life in Japan is extremely hard. I work long hours for hardly any pay and my nights are filled with endless studying to learn Japanese. And if you believe any of this then you obviously have no idea who I am! So this past Saturday the foreign English speaking community embarked upon the Kawamoto Tubing and Beer Olympics Extravaganza. This was probably the best weekend I have had in Japan. We started the day by meeting at the Kawamoto train station and car-pooling to the chosen spot for getting in the water . We all filled up our intertubes and took off. I would like to give some very necessary advice about tubing. You should not pick an intertube just cause it is cute and shaped like a fish. Second, do the math, if the cute fish you bought does not fit around you waist, kind of a waste. Ok, done with the advice. (I will in no way own up to doing any of that!) The river was quite high so it was fast moving and good fun. I happened to spend my hour and a half floating down the river on my stomach therefore my back and cheeky backside got a little sunburned but it was totally worth it. Then we all retired to some cabins we hired out and barbecued food. Finally the games began! I was hesitant about participating in the beer Olympics. While I am quite obviously an athlete (next time you see me I will flex for you), I didn't know how well I would hold up while drinking alcohol. I decided to compete anyway. (You know, throwing caution to the wind) Turns out there is one girl out there who might have found her true talent in life. Some may sing, some may dance, hell some may even know math, I on the other hand am a master at flippy cup. It was amazing. But alas, not even being a flippy cup master could put the green team in first place, we ended up third. But hats off to my wonderful team! Thanks Nigel, Chrissy, Erica, and Leif!!! It was a great night! And thanks to Koren for posting this wonderful picture I stole!! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The past weekend was AWESOME!!! The weather was super... and to think it was to be cancelled due to rain~

I think we showed who the bosses were (US!!!)... with our elite sniper skills~ Way to go partner!~

btw, thanks for getting my tube...

Carole said...

All I have to say is that this weekend totallly rocked!!! And it wasn't cause of the river or the beer...no no, it was cause I got some amazing advice from the Master Queen herself.....Who would have thought picking up guys could be as easy as a simple fish dance.

Love you Leslie!!!

Carole

P.S.-I'm holding out going to your house cause I don't want to come back with a kitten, or bees.

Anonymous said...

hehehe...the fish dance!

Anonymous said...

Heehee fish dance. I'll try it out back home, see if it works as well outside of japanland...